Giant Steps Sydney does not charge fees in the Early Learning Program or the School Program. While the Australian and New South Wales governments provide approximately 40 per cent of Giant Steps’ operating costs and 55 per cent of the cost of some capital works, the remaining funds must be raised through corporate and individual donations and fundraising events. There is a wide variety of events throughout the year including our annual Black-Tie Ball, Golf Days, Regatta and Bike Rides organised by parents and supporters.
Giant Steps Sydney is a registered charity and donations are tax deductible (DGR 32778).
The following events are currently planned for 2017.
- 'New to You' Fashion Show (Sunday 19th March)
- Swim4Autism (Sunday 26th March)
- Order of St John Morning Tea (Wednesday 5th April)
- Giant Steps Charity Golf Day (Thursday 6th April)
- Giant Steps 3 Day Bike Ride (5 - 7 May)
- Giant Steps Fire and Ice Ball (Saturday 3 June)
- The Sun-Herald City2Surf (Sunday 13 August)
- Sydney Tower Stair Challenge (Sunday 27 August)
- Rock Night
- The Giant Dinner
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival (Sunday 17 September)
- Girls Night Out
- Writers Festival
- Giant Steps Sailing Regatta (Friday 20 October)
- Greek Night
- Middle Eastern Gala Night
All parents are involved in fundraising activities. There are many ways in which you can help. With your assistance, we can build brighter futures for children with autism and their families.
For further information contact Giant Steps on (02) 9879 4971.